Monday, August 3, 2009

We made it!

Yes, we made it through our first day of school.

I'm exhausted but satisfied.

It was chaotic, but that was to be expected. I have yet to make a schedule.

I figured I'd play it by ear this week and then I could better gauge how long I need to allot for the different subjects.

We even managed to make it to a piano lesson and to get some PE in at the playground.

The biggest challenge this year is going to be keeping Nick busy and quiet (he likes to talk while I'm reading or while we're listening to a CD which makes things a bit difficult) and keeping Tori happy and out of trouble. She was pretty happy playing in the play room next door this morning - I hope that continues.

We finished everything that I had set out for us today and that is a good feeling.

I am beat though! I managed to wake up at 6 this morning (instead of 9:30) and I worked out before getting the kids up at 7. I also hopped on the treadmill before dinner. I'm hoping that the kids fall into bed this evening without a fuss. They were all up REALLY late - excited for the first day of school. I think that they are as tired as I am.

I just need to make sure that we get up at the same time tomorrow....so early to bed for me too!

No comments: