Monday, October 27, 2008

The Time Has Come



Our last fuel delivery was in April and it cost over $1200.

Needless to say, I have been dreading the fuel man. When he shows up, I have 30 days to pay.

So, when I saw him pull up in the driveway this morning, my heart stopped for a second. I just kept wondering..."How much will it be?"

I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised!! We only used 260 gallons of fuel since late April (last year it was almost always 320-330 gallons each time they filled it). I haven't been keeping the house cold, but I haven't exactly been blasting the heat either. I'm sure my husband would beg to differ if he were here :) He tends to like it warmer than me.

Anyway, not only did we use less fuel, but the price has come down SO much in the past few weeks. During the summer, people here were stocking up because there were fears it would get to over $5 a gallon.

I paid $2.69/gallon today! My total was only $700. Considering the fact that I have been expecting over $1200, that gives me Christmas money to spend this month! Hooray!!!!!

Just had to share my joy with everyone :)

I'm sure I won't be quite so joyful when he shows up 3 more times this winter....

1 comment:

Family G said...

Well, $500 less is a pleasant surprise! :)