Monday, October 27, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook #3



Outside my Window...it is 9:15 and the sun hasn't risen yet. We're losing 7 minutes of light a day.... I don't enjoy the darkness of winter. It's making it hard for me to get out of bed in the morning.

I am thinking... that I should have gotten up an hour earlier.

From the learning rooms... We are still studying Ancient Egypt in history. Science today is all about Jupiter. We will be writing some more poetry and hopefully starting a couple of hands-on projects today.

I am thankful for... dropping gas and heating oil prices. The heating oil guy hasn't come yet, but with the prices dropping by the day, he can wait!!

From the kitchen... Blueberry muffins and fruit for breakfast :)

I am wearing... workout clothes. I was good and went on the treadmill for 30 minutes this morning. Hooray!!

I am reading... Creating Your Family Heritage Scrapbook by Maria Given Nerius and Bill Gardner. I am not much into scrapbooking these days (maybe these years would be more appropriate) but I am interested in putting together some sort of family tree book using my genealogy program and perhaps some scrapbook pages. This of course will be WAY in the future, when I don't have children underfoot :)

I am hoping... that I can figure out what is wrong with my printer today. It will print word and excel documents and it will scan, but it won't print anything from the internet or publisher documents. It makes no sense to me!!

I am creating... a menu for next month so that I can shop accordingly instead of buying whatever I think looks good :)

I am hearing... the sounds of the washing machine and dryer running.

Around the house... I need to dust, clean the bathrooms, fill the humidifier, and shovel the snow from the front steps.

One of my favorite things... working on genealogy. I haven't had ANY time to do this since we moved here and I really miss it. I am hoping to carve out a little time each week for me to be able to spend on this.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... taking it easy when I can! A couple of our regular classes are not going on this week and I am thankful for a much needed break. I will be taking the kids to a fall festival at the church.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so interesting...I can't imagine the short days...
blessings,

Pamela said...

I enjoyed reading your Daybook. A link for Denali on your sidebar caught my eye so I'll be visiting that later - we've got Buried Alive, one of National Geographic's Mysteries in our National Parks books to read soon and it takes place in Denali.

Anonymous said...

I finally found a moment to get onto your blog-And of course I couldn't resist commenting on "my" favorite little boy!
Love ya Lots!
Michelle