Friday, October 17, 2008

Take a Tour of Our Play Room!!

Here is the room to which Nick is banished for a portion of each day :)
We have comfy bean bags in the corner for reading time (or for Nick to jump from the table onto). Andy built the shelf along the ceiling to house all of the stuffed animals and the other shelf for the wooden dollhouse.



Here is the castle loft that Andy built. Isn't it so cool? I wish I had one of these growing up!! There used to be a slide coming off of it, but it was utter chaos in the room. I was just waiting to make an ER trip. So, off came the slide. It's still a lot of fun. :)
Notice the window down below - we made it so that they could use it for puppets.



Here the kids are, hanging out.
I had planned on painting a family crest/shield on the green banner hanging off the castle, but I never got around to it. I was burnt out after all of the bricks...



And here is the closet, full of rubbermaid bins of toys: dress up clothes, baby dolls, big legos, little legos, train sets, puppets, play food, musical instruments, etc.



And here is our shelf where we put the CD player, the keyboard (kept up high until they use it), play silks (all time favorite toy!), and misc. toys.



Doesn't it look like fun?
I have tried to keep it empty of large pieces of furniture. This gives the kids more space to run around or dump out all of the toys. They especially need the space in winter, when they aren't able to run around outside much.

Hope you enjoyed our tour...

2 comments:

Christina said...

If I were a kid, I would beg to spend the night at your house every weekend.

Andrea said...

It looks like it needs a mural on the wall. I will have to come up and paint something for you :)