Thursday, October 16, 2008

BFS: M'm M'm Good


Memory Verse: Psalms 13:6 NIV
I will sing to the Lord, for He has been good to me.

Intro: M’m M’m Good (Campbell’s Soup)
The fall is such a wonderful time of year. The beautiful foliage and cool, crisp morning air is such a wonderful change from the hot summer. I also love the M’m M’m good smell of fall cooking and baking. The wonderful fall veggies, fruits and Thanksgiving foods.

Assignment:Post your favorite fall recipe/recipes to share.

I generally cook out of necessity rather than joy. Maybe if I had more hours in the day to devote to cooking (and especially cleaning up the mess!), then I would enjoy it more.
My sweet husband is a wonderful cook and he enjoys trying out new things (never with a recipe of course!). That is definitely not me. I require a recipe to cook, unless it's something I've made a zillion times.
I don't have anything profound to share, but my friend taught me a neat trick for really easy cookies that I will pass on to you all.
You can take any box of cake mix and add 1/3 c. oil and 2 eggs to it and it will make yummy cookies. The best part is that you can try out all sorts of different flavors (strawberry, lemon, chocolate etc.) and add different flavored chips to make different combinations.


I did this when I had to make a few hundred cookies for a bake sale and you wouldn't believe the compliments we got!! These are strawberry with white chocolate chip (very girly looking, I know - they sold out!) So, if you're ever in a hurry and need to make a batch of cookies, this is super quick :)

2 comments:

Sheri said...

these make great quick cookies, my kids love it when I make em...haven't tried the strawberry or cherry yet..so I guess I should!
Thanks for posting!

Family G said...

Thanks for the hint. I'll definetely try that!

Some days I really enjoy cooking and trying new things. But the cleanup is never fun. And some days cooking is just something you have to do. Of course I always like eating. LOL *sigh*