Saturday, October 18, 2008

Rescued by Respite Care

Shakespeare Bookstore by Ray Hartl
Shakespeare Bookstore


Today, I dropped the older 4 kids off at respite care.

My friend Michelle and I spent the morning at Barnes and Noble, perusing the shelves at our own pace. Tori didn't make a peep. It was nice being able to look at books without kids grabbing things, having to go to the bathroom at inopportune moments, and without having to chase Nick through the store.

Even better, today was 25% off with my new educator's discount card. Hooray!

We even got to eat lunch at a restaurant that doesn't have a drive-thru window.

I could get used to this :)

1 comment:

Family G said...

I hear you. I really enjoy being able to go shopping without the kids. Actually, the other day I went shopping with Sophia because she WANTED to go (that was a first) and we actually had a great Mother-Daughter-Time together. Maybe there is hope... ;)