Thursday, August 7, 2008

Where is summer?

Looking For Summertime by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Looking For Summertime


After our super long winter this past year, I was forever looking forward to enjoying summer. Last summer here was absolutely beautiful - warm days and sunshine. I can't say that this year has even felt like summer yet. We've had nothing but rain the past few weeks - which is great for the lawn, but not so great for summer activities. I just looked at the forecast for the upcoming week - every day is supposed to be a low of 45 and high of 60. How depressing is that for August? I bought the kids a small pool that they were only able to use for one day in June. It just hasn't been warm enough since then.

I just hope that since we're not really having a summer, maybe we won't really have a winter this year. Wishful thinking!

No comments: