Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mysteries





I like BBC movies - preferably of the Jane Austen and Elizabeth Gaskell type. Andy loves to watch anything with lots of action. So, when I watch one of his movies I tend to "multitask" by working on kids' schoolwork or folding laundry. This bugs him to no end, because he insists that I'm not paying enough attention to the movie. I insist that I don't mind if I miss certain parts (ie. shoot-em up or chase scenes). He of course feels the same way when I put in "Pride and Prejudice" for the 500th time :)

A couple of years ago though, we found that we BOTH immensely enjoyed mysteries. We were both paying complete attention to them. You can tell when you're paying attention - when you want the movie paused when you have to leave the room for a moment :)

We quickly worked our way through the Poirots and Miss Marples, Midsomer Murders, The Inspector Lynley Mysteries, Foyle's War, Rosemary and Thyme and a few others. After the first few shows, you really start enjoying the characters and you just want more, more, more. Unfortunately, we watched all of these series and have since been on the lookout for more that we might enjoy. We've had a few failed attempts that just didn't live up to our expectations and we were starting to get discouraged.

Today I found on Amazon.com that three of these series have new DVDs coming out in the next month or two!! Hooray!! We can watch more Inspector Lynleys, Midsomer Murders, and Foyle's Wars (and I though that Foyle had retired!! Apparently he was pulled out of retirement - lucky for us!) I just had to share my excitement :)

No comments: