Saturday, July 19, 2008

The water is flowing!!!!

Bronze Faucet by Calixto Berrocal
Bronze Faucet

I just paid $109 for the repair guy to tell me that I need to buy a new water softener. This will cost me at least another $500. I was hoping that it was going to be something simple - especially after we just spent a ton of money fixing our boiler last month. Unfortunately, the tank inside the softener is cracked and it is cheaper to buy a new one rather than get it fixed. At least everything will be fixed and new by the time we sell the house, so the next people can enjoy it :)
Also, I am a blonde. I was searching and searching for a bypass valve so that I could turn the water on. We went at least 24 hrs without running water - Yuck! Anyway, the bypass valve was directly behind the water softener (not in the pictures). It didn't look like what I expected it to look like. It was a piece of plastic that slides back and forth. I just spent all of that time without water for absolutely no reason. At least I am slowly being schooled in the household repairs department.
Now I just have to wait for everyone to fall asleep (maybe 1 or 2 in the morning??) so that I can take a nice, long, hot shower!! Wish me luck!

No comments: