Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas in Ice




We managed to make it to the final day of "Christmas in Ice" here in North Pole. We have been meaning to go for a while - and I've actually pulled up into the parking lot twice and then driven home. It was just too cold to go as a family.

I decided that I would take Ellie with me and we would brave the cold together. It was negative 26 out when we got there. Even with layers and layers of clothes, it didn't take long for us to get really cold. When we were done. hot cocoa never tasted so good!!!

I can't wait for Ice Alaska, which is an even bigger event in Fairbanks in February. I hope it's a tad warmer though, because we won't last long on the slides in this weather!!

Poor Ellie was pretty cold! This was our last stop before heading in for cocoa. I don't think she wanted to sit her rear end down on the cold icy throne.




Even McDonald's is in ice!
This slide was surprisingly fast. I made the mistake of going down with my camera around my neck. Luckily, it made it safely through the ordeal. :)




A Kiss.
Alvin and the Chipmunks.

I just think that we have the strangest looking trees. They are very tall and skinny. They belong in a Dr. Suess book.
Ellie, on Santa's sleigh.

No comments: