Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Car Schooling Tomorrow

Looks like we're going to be car schooling tomorrow.

This selling a house thing can be rough. I'm excited that we have 2 showings tomorrow, but that means that we have to be out of the house all morning. I think we're going to head to the library and then go swimming. That should keep the kids entertained.

I really do feel bad for them. We aren't total slobs or anything, but this past week I have been very adamant about keeping the house perfect. It can't be very fun for them. :(

I am thankful though. It just went up on the market and we have people looking. That's a good sign.

This isn't the best time to be selling a house - especially one that you have only owned for three years and don't have any equity in. It's kind of scary. We're setting aside our tax return to pay for closing costs, replace the bedroom carpets, and possibly pay part of the mortgage if the sale of the home doesn't cover it. I'm praying that everything works out and we end up breaking even.

Of course there are other concerns beyond selling the house.

What if we do sell it? We aren't leaving here until late April/early May. We would be homeless.

The thought of living out of a suitcase until we get to Savannah in June is a bit daunting. What do we take? It might be kind of fun though, living without all of our "stuff". I would get a break from cleaning a large house and keeping all of the stuff tidy and neat.

I'm not going to worry about it too much yet. I just have a lot of things going through my head right now...

No comments: