1. All of us have been sick this week. No fun. Especially when we thought we were going to be swimming and bowling and stuff. Instead we're mostly staying home and watching movies (and becoming Boggle masters). I'm hoping that we'll be over it in the next couple of days.
2. I got a new camera!!! Yes, I got myself a D-SLR. (Thank you Andy for letting me spend all of that money!!). I didn't get the Nikon D90 like I thought I was going to. I decided to save a bit of money and get the less-expensive D5000. It's a pared down version, but still takes the same quality of pictures. It has so many buttons and things on it that it's going to take me a while to learn how to use it. I'm so excited!!!!!!!
I paid more for mine, because I bought it at the photo store in town. I was going to buy it online, but decided to use a local merchant instead. It's nice to have personal service too and be able to talk with someone if I need help.
3. Lexie got a hair cut this week. We were in hair limbo with her for a while. Do we let her grow it out long or do we cut it off?? She wanted it long, but it was constantly in her face. We finally decided that it's much easier to take care of when it's short - and she looks like a little pixie. Now if only I could convince Kate to get hers trimmed up too....
Here is the before picture. Pretty scraggly.
4. I thought that I was going to have this weekend to prepare a bit for our upcoming return to schoolwork. Andy stopped in at the realtor today though and he's coming to our house on Monday. You know what that means?? I get to clean and worry about every little imperfection in the house this weekend. Darn. I'm really not looking forward to the whole house-selling process. I just hope that we break even in the end. I have no desire to pay to sell my house. Does anyone want to buy a house in North Pole, Alaska?? :) Didn't think so.
5. We were starting to think that we might have a dry Halloween, but that isn't going to happen. The snow is on the ground and here to stay. Despite being sick, the kids got out and played in the backyard yesterday. They need to get all of the fresh air they can before it gets stupid cold outside. It's amazing how "warm" 20 degrees can feel.
6. Poor Tori has had lots of ickies coming out of her nose and eyes this week. She wasn't able to go outside with her older siblings, so she stood at the door and watched them, begging to be let out. She even went as far as trying to open the door.
7. We now have more room in our dining room again. Tori has moved from her high chair into the Stokke chair that we have at the table . (They are the coolest kids' seats EVER. We have two of them and they have been worth the money!!). Now all 7 of us are at the table. I never would have guessed that we were going to have 5 kids. If I had known that 11 years ago, I would definitely have bought a dining room table with a leaf!! I don't know how we're all going to fit there in another year or two.
8. Wish us luck. We are going to try to get a family photo in the next few days. I've just been waiting for everyone to get over this cold so that we don't look like zombies!! I hope I can get it done soon, because I really want to order my Christmas cards. I'm using Cardstore.com this year.