Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Little Disappointed

I had really been hoping that Andy would be home by now. Over 3,500 of the 4,000 soldiers have already returned. I'm starting to think that he will be the last soldier to get off of the last plane back.

I actually haven't even received the phone call letting me know when he'll arrive. That call is supposed to come 72 hrs before he gets here. That means he won't be here by Saturday. :(

I'm trying not to be too disappointed, but I admit that I am a little sad.

It's our 11th Anniversary, and it also happens to be a respite care day (meaning that the kids are in child care from 9-5 for free). If Andy were here, then we could actually spend our anniversary together.

It looks like I'll be spending the day alone though. I suppose I could use the day to prepare for his homecoming. Maybe some house cleaning and shopping without kids around.

I'm trying to be patient, but it's hard!!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Hang in there Jennifer! He will be home soon and your reunion will be a time of blessing and enjoyment. Why not take the day and shop for a special outfit that you know he'd like for when he sees you for the first time in months?

TinaJewel said...

keep your chin up, he'll be back soon. until then, have the kids decorate the front of the house and the living room (kitchen or dining room too) so there will be no doubt that you are all awating the return of your soldier.
happy thoughts are being sent your way, and prayers for the hubby.