Friday, February 13, 2009

The Family Virtues Guide: Kindness


We were talking about kindness with week and trying to practice it a bit more than usual.
For some reason, there has been a lot of petty bickering in the past couple of weeks and I'm hoping to nip it in the bud. I want the girls to understand what a special bond they have as sisters, friends, and classmates. I want them to go out of their way to be kind to each other.

It's truly amazing what a kind word or a small deed can do to cheer up someone's day. It puts a smile on everyone's face and a bounce in their step.

Affirmation: I am kind. I look for ways to help others. I show kindness to any person or animal I see. I do all I can to take care of the earth. I remember my connection to all creation. (from The Family Virtues Guide by Linda Kavelin Popov)

No comments: