Thursday, November 6, 2008

I saw the Northern Lights!!

I went outside to take the trash to the curb, and the Northern Lights were out!

It was so amazing to see. I wanted to capture it in a picture, so I went in and grabbed my camera. I couldn't get a picture to turn out though. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Is there something special you need to do to photograph the sky?

I guess I will have to venture out in the middle of the night more often. It isn't pleasant to stay outside too long though since it's hovering around zero. I wonder if it is safe to take my camera out when it's super cold - does anyone know? It's going to get a lot colder as we get further into the winter and I would hate to ruin my camera.

After some searching around, I found that there is actually an Aurora Borealis "forecast"!

No comments: