Friday, November 21, 2008

Let go Jennifer!!

Outside bookstore by Jerry Koontz
Outside bookstore
As I posted earlier, I've been cataloging my books using Library Thing. I'm still not finished since I only work on it a little at a time.

My shelves look more orderly though and I managed to get rid of an entire box full of books that I knew that we would never use. I took them to our local bookstore and I ended up getting $85 worth of credit towards used books! Too bad I can't actually go into the store with all of the kids. The used books are upstairs and the aisles are very narrow. I guess I will have to wait for a day when I can find a babysitter :)

It makes me want to finish going through my shelves since I know that there are many more that I could probably part with. I have such a hard time getting rid of them though. What if some day I might need them? Ha! I know I'm being silly.

I have some curriculum that I am not using either, but for some reason I still have it. I keep thinking - what if one of the younger kids needs it in a few years? Example: I have Saxon Math, but we use Horizons. It is taking up precious shelf space and I know that I need to get rid of it. :) Just let go Jennifer!!!

No comments: