Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Menu Planning


I have not been very good about planning what we're going to eat.

We have so many things scheduled though, that I need to be on top of this. There is a lot of preparation I need to do beforehand, so that we're not searching for something to eat at the last minute.

With the first of the month coming up (and my monthly trip to Sam's Club and the commissary), I have decided to write up a menu (by week) for the month of November so that I can shop accordingly - rather than shop for things that we don't need and letting things go bad that we end up not using. I am so sick of wasting money!

I think that this menu will help the kids also. They are always wondering what they can have for a snack. I will have snacks on the menu, so that they know what they are allowed to eat.

I will post it on the refrigerator for all to see!

I am going to try to take the first Saturday of every month and try to cook up everything that I can beforehand - soup, taco meat, chili, spaghetti sauce etc. and freeze it so that I can just pull it out of the freezer and we can eat. I am also going to try to use my bread machine more. The kids absolutely LOVE fresh bread - and so do I.

Here is a link to the excel document that I made. You can use it if you would like :)

UPDATE 11/3: Here is a link to an updated document with some more color to it, making it easier to read.

2 comments:

Family G said...

How organized and what a great idea! Maybe I should do that, too. Thanks for the link.

Christina said...

What an awesome organization project. Good luck sticking to it. Easier said than done...