Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Do You Doodle??


o

The kids love to draw, doodle, and color. What kid doesn't?

The other day, while browsing at Barnes and Noble, I came across these books which I thought that they might enjoy. I bought Beautiful Doodles but I couldn't decide which kid I was going to give it to. Kate was the lucky recipient - much to everyone else's chagrin. Now I have requests from Ellie and Lexie that they want one of these books for Christmas.

I would have loved one of these books as a kid! Each page has a basic background or picture which needs to be finished.

Some examples:
1. A picture of a cookie sheet and oven mitts: What have you baked?
2. Various empty cages/dog houses: What animals are in the pet shop?
3. What do you see in the crystal ball?
4. Fill in the picture frames.
5. What is at the end of the rainbow?
6. Design a necklace for each of your friends.
7. What is on the computer screen?
8. Paint patterns on the plates.
9. Decorate the socks.
10. What can you see through the magic keyhole?
11. Make a strawberry sundae.
12. What can you see through the telescope?
13. Add lucky charms to the bracelet.
14. Design some handbags. (Only the handles are showing).
15. What can you pick from the tree. (2 kids next to an empty tree)
And the list goes on and on.....

Don't they look like fun?
I love watching them use their imagination!


1 comment:

Andrea said...

those are cool books, I would have loved them too. Those are a great idea for drawing.