Thursday, October 23, 2008

BFS: Have it Your Way



Memory Verse: Isaiah 40: 1- Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.

Intro: “Have It Your Way” (Burger King) - As cooler weather approaches and the winter eases into our doors I like to lounge by the fire after a hot shower. I love to make soups that are brimming with a rich and full flavor. In our home there’s nothing better than a hot bowl of soup or and a hot cup of coffee or cocoa on a cold winter night.

Assignment
: Tell us all about how your have “your” relaxing time, more especially how during the cooler months you take time to curl up with your favorite movie, book, Bible study, and what your favorite warm drink would be.

Here in Alaska, it has already gotten quite cool (it's down below zero at night). We got a few inches of fresh snow today and I'm feeling like I want to hibernate :)

I like to sit in my comfy chair, with a blanket on my lap and sip either spearmint tea or raspberry hot cocoa. I would either put on Pride and Prejudice or another BBC flick for the thousandth time and sit in some peace and quiet. I have to say though that this doesn't happen as often as I would like. If I watch a movie, then I am usually multitasking by folding laundry or grading papers. Gone are the days of leisurely sitting in my chair.


My comfy chair and my favorite watermelon blanket. Thanks Andy!


Raspberry Hot Cocoa with whipped cream :)

7 comments:

Sombra said...

Funny, this morning I couldn't leave a comment. My daughter made me read all the blurbs about your kids. She is the same age as Lexie...but Janney doesn't read yet, but she's starting to write.

May Adonai protect you and your children - and especially your husband.

Mrs. Sombra
BFS Teacher

Jennifer said...

I had changed the settings because I thought it was going to make it easier to comment. I'm not sure what happened, but you're right it wouldn't let anyone comment at all. Thanks for letting me know!

Lori said...

Wow below zero and snow already. We are still praying for cooler weather!!! LOL It has still been in the high 90's here (AZ). You sound like me when watching a movie I am always multi-tasking!
Stay Warm!!
Lori
homeschoolblogger.com/pearcefamily

Sheri said...

Glad the comments thing is letting us comment cuz yesterday it wouldn't. Lovely post. Raspberry Cocoa sounds mighty good. Have a great weekend!

Gina Marie said...

Raspberry Cocoa sounds lovely! I love a good Chai Latte (where we live it's best from The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf coffee shop). Have you seen Wives and Daughters then? I love that series, especially since they give it a good end (which the book lacks because it was unfinished). I assume you've seen it if you're a BBC fan, but if you haven't I bet you'd like it.

Jennifer said...

Yes, I absolutely LOVE Wives and Daughters!! That and Pride and Prejudice probably tie for my favorite :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am so proud of our military & their families.
I Love your chair & the whole room looks comfy.
Thanks for posting.
Blessings,
Michelle