Wednesday, September 24, 2008

This Stinks!

Raccoon, Eating Trash in Garbage Can, Montana by Alan And Sandy Carey
Raccoon, Eating Trash in Garbage Can, Montana


Literally.

I am not used to being in charge of the massive amounts of trash which we apparently accumulate on a daily basis.

I guess maybe I assumed that if I put it in the garage, the trash fairy would come and pick it up. It used to always be gone by the time I got up in the morning.

This morning it was still sitting in my garage, stinking.

I could handle taking it out to the curb once a week, but I have to put the stinky (and probably dripping) garbage into my vehicle (you know, the one filled with children) and drive it a couple of miles down the road to the transfer point. This does not appeal to me, and so it sits.

I suppose that I'll have to make the trip tomorrow, or else we're going to have a bear trying to crawl his big behind through our doggie door into the garage :)

I wonder which one of the kids is going to volunteer to put the trash on their lap....

I think that tomorrow I will search the yellow pages and see if I can get garbage service for this next year. It would be well worth the money!!

2 comments:

Christina said...

We had a ton of recycling this morning so I woke up William and Emily to help me walk it over (it can only be turned in at 0500). I was thinking the whole way (in the rain) about how much I missed U.S. style garbage and recycle. I guess not all of the U.S. does it the easy way! I can't believe you have to put it in the car! YUCK!

Jennifer said...

I can't even imagine dealing with your garbage/recycling rules!! 0500!! Are they crazy??