Monday, August 25, 2008

Busy Days

Busy days are ahead.

This week the girls got registered for AWANA. They started dance and gymnastics classes.

Next week we start Girl Scouts. The good thing is, I think I got them both into the same troop (a mixed Brownie-Junior troop!) This will make it so much easier for me.

Next week we are going to be starting schoolwork. I'm still not quite ready. I have copies to make, the office to clean, and a schedule to put together.

Thankfully, the kids are enthusiastic about starting again. They have already cracked open their math books and finished the first 4-9 lessons, because they just can't wait! I'm glad that they are ready to go. This has been a long summer off for us. I hope they haven't forgotten too much :)

We have a lot of things to do before the deployment. We have our checklist and are busy marking things off as we go. Andy has been working on fixing various things around the house. We have had a tune-up done on the truck, powers of attorneys made, etc. There are a lot of thigns to think about and prepare for.

I have a lot of things to get done through our FRG (Family Readiness Group). We have a fundraiser coming up in a couple of weeks. I have a newsletter to write. We are also trying to get ready for our first "packing party" in October so that we can mail out packages of essentials to the guys. We are also trying to procure enough Christmas stockings for each of the soldiers in our troop before we send the Christmas packages out in November. Anyone own a stocking factory??? :)

All of this AND trying to keep up with the housework and take care of the kids is getting hard.

Well, I had better go and get to work!!

1 comment:

Family G said...

I have a friend who is active in a church in North Carolina. They're looking for soldiers and also families who live abroad who they can send care packages to etc. Maybe you would like to get in touch with them. If you'd like I could email their website to you.
Best wishes,
Birgit