Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Small Victory: Mowing the Lawn

Glum Victorian Lady with Lawnmower
Glum Victorian Lady with Lawnmower


I am so proud of myself. I actually got the lawn mowed today (about 80% of it) and it was no small task. We have a really big yard!! Tori was asleep in the crib, and Ellie was checking on her and putting the pacifier in her mouth whenever she woke and cried. Kate and Lexie were playing on the computer. I had Nick outside with me. I kept him busy eating and sitting on my swing for awhile, but he lost interest after about 1/2 hr. I then put him on my shoulders until I finished. Man did I get a much needed workout!! He had such a good time too. He just thought he was being my little helper and going for a ride. It took me a long time, because the grass was really long and wet. I had to keep letting up on the mower so that it wouldn't die. It actually looks like someone lives here now!! I didn't do the edging though. I haven't been schooled on the weedeater. I'm sure I could figure it out, but frankly I was tired by the time I finished the mowing - and Tori was hungry. Maybe I'll give it a go tomorrow if it doesn't rain....

No comments: