Thursday, July 24, 2008

Brown Baggin' It


Today was beautiful - especially after a couple of weeks of clouds and rain. We had yet another picnic to attend and it was the perfect day for it. This time it was for PWOC (Protestant Women of the Chapel). They were having a planning picnic to see how many women are going to attend this fall. I have decided to make the time to go. It will give me some much needed adult company, Nick can happily play in the nursey, they have a program for the 4-5 yr olds and then Ellie and Kate will be in a homeschooler's room - Hooray!! It sounds like we will all enjoy it :)
Anyway, the picnic was at a park that we have never been to. It is my new favorite!! It has a large play area that is just the right size. Not too high where I'm feeling nervous and following Nick around, but not so babyish that the other kids are bored. I think that we will try to make it there a few more times this summer....

The picnic was a potluck for the adults and we were supposed to bring lunches for our children. There were a LOT of kids there and I know that they like to graze at the table whenever possible. My kids were a bit disappointed that they weren't eating with me when they saw all of the wonderful desserts laid out. They got lucky, because there were lots of leftovers and they ended up getting a chance to have a cookie or two at the end :)

No comments: