Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Family Virtues Guide, Week 1: Caring



I just received this book in the mail last week and we started using it today. I just love the discussions the kids are having with eachother. Today we talked about caring and ways that we can show we care. They are busy drawing pictures and talking about how they can care for eachother. It's wonderful!!

This book covers 52 different virtues (1 a week for the year) to work on as a family. Some of the other ones covered are: compassion, consideration, helpfulness, justice, kindness, modesty, respect, self-discipline, tact, tolerance, unity, trust, generosity, cleanliness, courage, determination, forgiveness, and faithfulness.

I will post an update each week with what the kids have learned and how they are practicing their newly found virtues:)
Here is the picture that Ellie drew about caring.



Here is the affirmation for the week:
I care for others and myself. I pay loving attention to people and things I care about. I give my best to every job.

No comments: