Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Break up = Mud


Break up has come to Alaska! The snow from our yard is almost completely melted. This has resulted in some major puddles and mud pits. The kids ran outside today (excited about the warm weather) and Lexie got stuck in the mud. Her sisters went in to rescue her and then they also got stuck. I of course was carrying a 30 lb. 2 yr old (and am almost 9 months pregnant) so I didn't even consider stepping in there after them. (I envisioned the fire department coming to extract me!) The kids finally had to just leave their boots in the mud and make their way to the back porch to derobe for a much needed bath. Daddy got the job of pulling the boots out (and hosing them off) when he got home. When I saw how hard it was for him to pull them out (they were REALLY suctioned in there), I felt bad that I had barked at the kids for not being able to just grab them :) Needless to say, we have made this area of our yard off limits until everything dries up a bit. I wish I had some orange cones to mark off the area to remind them!

No comments: