Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tori update

I took Tori in yesterday morning to have her frenulum clipped. I had been going back and forth about having it done. She was pretty tongue-tied though. I was afraid that she would have speech problems later because of it and I really didn't want to wait for it to happen. Mine was clipped as a baby - it's hereditary.

I had scheduled the procedure over a year ago, but backed out a few days beforehand. I didn't want to do with while Andy was gone.

My only thing that worried me about having it done now was that they had to put her under anesthesia. I really didn't want to do that. She's so big and wiggly now though that they couldn't do it without sedating her.

All went well and she was out for less than 10 minutes. She woke up without any crying and her mouth hasn't seemed sore at all. I know that it sounds funny, but I honestly think that she is pronouncing some of her words a little better already. I think that I made the right decision in getting it done now while she's so small, before any speech problems occur.

1 comment:

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Kinda wish we'd had Duncan's done. Jesse totally outgrew his or compensated for it or something and was fine with all his sounds by age 8, but Duncan still struggles with his Rs and Ls. Now we are working with him more vigorously!!