Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Learning About Cnidaria


(Ellie's Jellyfish picture)

It's weeks like this one that I really miss living in Monterey. It's hard to study something like cnidaria when we are landlocked in the middle of the largest state in the U.S. I really miss having an aquarium just down the road - and tidepools to explore.

In lieu of a trip to the aquarium, I surfed the internet to find some information and videos on cnidaria. Not quite the same, but it will have to do until this spring, when I'm hoping to stop in Atlanta and visit the Georgia Aquarium.

Aren't Jellyfish cool?? I could spend an hour alone in the jellies exhibit at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. There is just something so soothing about watching them.


Here are some sites that I found in my searching:

Jellyfish videos and information
Jellyfish Coloring Page
The Jellies Zone
Sea Anemone printout

I can't wait to be near the ocean again!!! Savannah, I hear you calling my name. Only 5 more months of waiting....

No comments: