Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm Drooling

I really want to upgrade from my point-and-shoot to a D-SLR. I have a wonderful camera with lots of great functions, but I feel like I'm ready for a bit more control than what I have.

I've been drooling over pages of photography magazines and reading reviews online.

It's pretty overwhelming. Nikon or Canon (or Olympus or Sony or Pentax....)?

There are a lot of great cameras out there. A lot of them have huge price tags. I can't justify spending thousands of dollars on a professional grade camera. I do want to dive into really learning more about photography though and I want something that takes decent pictures.

I think that I have made my decision. It was down to the Nikon D90 and the newer Nikon D5000. I think that they take similar pictures and the D5000 is cheaper, so I was leaning towards that one.

Then I headed down to the local camera store and decided that I needed to feel the cameras to make a better decision.

And I changed my mind. I like the D90 better. It feels much sturdier and more "professional" than the D5000.


Now I just need to start saving money in my camera fund towards my new toy. :) I don't think that I will regret this purchase!!!

No comments: