Monday, August 17, 2009

The Perfect Class for Kate

Yes, those would be Nick's feet. I have NO idea what he was doing. :) As you can see, he is not being held back by his broken collar bone. I took this with my iPhone, so I couldn't zoom in closer...


Today, Kate had her very first Tae Kwon Do class.

She happened to be the ONLY kid in the class (it won't be like that normally).

It was nice though, because she got tons of individual attention and the little ones weren't "in the way" while we were watching.

She was a bit shy and embarrassed that we were there looking on, but I can tell that this is going to be a great thing for Kate. It is perfect for her.

It is going to be a big boost to her confidence and help her with self-control. (She has a bit of a temper).

The coolest part, was that she got to kick a board in half at the end of class.

She was positively beaming and so proud of herself!! I was proud too.

From now on, I think that we will wait outside instead of sitting in the viewing area though.

That will make her feel more comfortable. She tends to think that we are judging her or that her sister is laughing at her. She is very sensitive and self-conscious like that.

We will go in when she is testing or if she invites us in to watch. Otherwise, I will let her have some time to herself.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

That is so cool!! I know she will be great at it and it will teach her a ton of control. Keep it up Katie :)

Michelle said...

Oh! So perfect for Kate! Good job!
Michelle