Thursday, August 20, 2009

Field Trip: Chena Lake

We spent the morning doing schoolwork and then went to a piano lesson.

I noticed how beautiful it was outside and thought I'd better take advantage of it.

It was sunny, but not especially warm (mid-50s). We decided to head to the lake for a picnic. It won't be too long before our weather turns too cold for trips to the lake - unless you're up for ice fishing!

School is back in session and the weather hasn't been very warm. We briefly saw two other people pass us on the beach. Other than that, we had the whole place to ourselves!!!

I made them run on the beach to get some PE. :)


Ellie found a dead dragonfly which she had to examine.


We were attacked by hungry geese.

They spent quite a while watching this little guy diving for something. He was cute.

They enjoyed playing with their shadows.
And wading in the water. Brrrrr.
And just hanging out with each other.
Then, we packed up and drove down past the river just to see the view.
What a nice afternoon. :)

2 comments:

Rose said...

It sounds like a wonderful afternoon. Sometimes the spur of the moment activities are the most fun.

Anonymous said...

Hello! I found your blog through the "I <3 Faces" blog. Your children are adorable and I'm keeping you all in my prayers. I'm a Marine stationed in North Carolina, and while I may not know what it's like to have a husband deployed, I know how hard it is to see my friends go and how hard it is to be away from my family. I hope Andy comes home safe and I know you're saying he comes home soon and that makes me happy to know that you'll be with him soon! Good luck!

Mallie
www.mallieray.smugmug.com
mallie.ray@hotmail.com