Saturday, July 25, 2009

There are days...

that I hate living in Alaska.

Today is one of them.

Everything is more difficult. Nothing is easy. I can never find what I want.

I want a new crib. A convertible crib that will change to a toddler bed, a day bed, and a headboard for a regular bed. Sounds easy enough. It's not like they are uncommon.

We have a Sears. It's the only department store in town. It doesn't carry cribs.

I checked Walmart. The only one I would consider was out of stock.

I looked online at Amazon and found exactly what I wanted. One problem: they won't ship it to me, because I live in Alaska!!!!

It's not like I can just take a couple hour trip to the next town or a big city to find what I want. This is it, unless I drive 6 hours to Anchorage. Sounds like fun, huh? I wouldn't have any room in the truck for a crib anyway.

So, Tori is still in a play pen and might be for a while.

I am going to check Fred Meyer, but I don't recall them having much of a selection.

Sears says that they ship, but I don't know if that means that they ship here or not. Their site was down. Of course. :)

I guess I'm just having one of those I-don't-like-being-cut-off-from-the-rest-of-the-world kind of days.

Update: Sears will ship to my house. Shipping a crib is $75 though and I would much rather find something in town....