Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Not Quite Watermelon Weather



I bought my first watermelon of the season the other day. I'm horrible about picking the right one. They usually end up too rubbery, or not sweet, or just plain blah! It's so disappointing when that happens. Everyone is excited about sweet juicy watermelon and then the letdown.

Well, I started off the season with a winner!! It was just right - and of course they devoured the entire thing in one sitting. Food doesn't last long in this house.

I gave them the watermelon right after I had scrubbed the floors on my hands and knees. That's why they were sent outside on the deck. They all ended up putting on coats or sweaters, because it just isn't quite watermelon weather yet. We were teased with a week of 75, but it's been down in the low 50's ever since. I'm hoping that it warms back up again soon!!

1 comment:

heidi said...

ahhh watermelon. we just bought one. it's only supposed to be in the 70's this week but something about watermelon always tastes good. ;o)