Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring Has Sprung

I think that I can finally say that Spring has sprung.

Today was the first day that I really felt like it was warm out.
So maybe this isn't warm to some people, but I was in a T-shirt today. (Remember when I posted in January and it was below negative 40???)

When I dropped Ellie off at dance, I passed a guy on the street with NO shirt on. Yes, it felt nice out this afternoon. I think I'm ready to peel the saran wrap off the outside of the windows so that I can air the house out.

The plow came through the neighborhood and scraped the streets. Now there are huge, dirty piles on the sides of the road, but that's okay. On the road, it was slush. The sound of wet slush under my tires was music to my ears.
Lexie and Nick were hanging out on the deck this afternoon. Wishing Daddy were here to grill them some steak and shrimp....
You can even hear birds chirping outside. We hung up the bird feeder that Ellie made last year at Girl Scouts and filled it with seed. The birds were going crazy on the deck, until Nick took a stick and emptied it - pinata style. Now the birds are under the deck eating the seed.

The kids (Nick) even managed to break the screen door off already. I expect nothing less!
We're supposed to be up to 40 almost every day this week. That should start the snow melting. I can't wait to see my backyard again!! Of course, there is always the possibility of more snow falling.....but I'm not going to think about that right now.

Here is Lexie, wishing that she could go back outside. We had to get back in the car and pick Ellie up from dance. Maybe tomorrow :)

No comments: