Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hello Sprouts!!

We planted some seeds a few days ago in one of those indoor mini-greenhouses.

Wow, are they coming up. I obviously put too many seeds in each one. I suppose I will have to thin them out if I want them to survive!
Lexie chose corn to plant. I don't know what we're going to do with it. I'm not sure how well corn will do here - especially in my greenhouse! It is fun to watch it grow though.

The kids have been absolutely amazed at how quickly everything has sprouted up. I think we're going to have to start some more this week.

Now if only I could get to my greenhouse!!

Most of the snow is finally melting. You can see how much work I'm going to have raking up all of the leaves that fell right before the snow came last September.
But there are parts of the yard that still have pretty deep snow in it. There happens to be a very big "dip" right in front of the greenhouse door - and it's frozen over so that we can't open it. I think I'm going to have to put some ice melt out there this week so that we can get in there and start working :)

No comments: