Saturday, March 28, 2009

Random Linkage

Here are some miscellaneous links that you might enjoy:

1. Queen Homeschool Supplies. I just found them the other day. They sell Charlotte Mason style books and the publish a series called Language Lessons which looks beautiful. They also sell my all-time favorite nature journal - called quite simply : My Nature Journal. It's fantastic.

2. Gravitas Publications. This is the curriculum we will be using next year for science. Ellie will do the Biology, Chemistry, and Physics Level 1 (with KOGs) and Kate & Lexie will be using the Biology and Chemistry, Pre-Level 1. It looks like a great curriculum, even if we can only use it for one year!

3. I found this tutorial for how to make a birthday banner on a blog called See Mommy Sew. Don't even ask why I have a desire to make one of these. I know that I can't sew. I just think that they are so cute! What a great idea!! Maybe I could design one and cut it out and talk Andy into sewing it for me. If I could persuade him with a big juicy steak...
Here is a pattern for one on etsy and you can find them for sale on there also.

4. Classics for Kids is a great website all about classical music.The have games, timelines, lesson plans, podcasts, etc.

5. Sheppard Software has a great site full of educational games you can play online. They have everything from vocab and geography to chemistry and math. We'll be coming back to this one often!!

2 comments:

Christina said...

That Sheppard Software site is awesome! Mark and I have been testing our geography all night!

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

I'm glad you posted that Queen link! A mom in our support group writers fro Queen, and I always mean to go and buy one of her books and always forget! She has a couple of Bible studies for boys and girls there.
http://www.queenhomeschool.com/bookpage/bookframe.html