Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bathing Beauties

The girls have taken two very fun and very foo-foo classes over the past week.

First, they made their own soaps:



Then they made their own bath oils and decorated the bottles:



I was so impressed with how nice the oils actually smelled! If I had a tub of my own instead of our cramped little shower, I would be tempted to take a long, hot bath.

Here is the recipe they used for the oils:

1 cup light oil, such as mineral oil, massage oil, or baby oil
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup unscented liquid soap or unscented shampoo
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract

Mix together the ingredients in a clean bottle with tight fitting lid. When read to use, shake vigorously, and pour 1/4 cup under running bath water.
Then, of course you have to decorate your bottle with all sorts of pretty, girly things!

I will have some bathing beauties tonight as they try out their homemade oils. :)

No comments: