Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!

I hope that everyone had a very happy New Year's Eve!

I spent mine at home this year (I usually do). My friend, her sister, and her daughter came over to celebrate with us. Unfortunately, I got myself dehydrated (which is so easy to do here) and I got a horrible headache. It made me dizzy, which in turn made me nauseous. I ended up throwing up a few times - not how I wanted to ring in the new year. I drank a bunch of water though and woke up a new woman. :) Thankfully I feel fine and I am carrying my water bottle with me wherever I go!

The kids got to see a few fireworks which the neighbors were letting off. I personally think they are crazy. I don't know how you would stand outside in negative 40 degree weather doing that. It just doesn't sound pleasant to me :) We can't do fireworks at Fourth of July here though because it doesn't get dark enough to see them. This is such a strange place to live!!

Our TV doesn't come in well, so Olivia made her own ball to drop and we had our own countdown.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't know how you would stand outside in negative 40 degree weather doing that. It just doesn't sound pleasant to me :)

ROFL! I totally agree. That doesn't ring my bell, either. I'm glad you're feeling better, that doesn't sound fun. :(

I wish you a very blessed New Years. When does dh come home?