Monday, January 26, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY January 26, 2009:
Outside my window... it is snowing very lightly. As much as I don't care to shovel snow or drive in it, I love watching it snow. There is something so calming about it.
I am thinking...that I am so glad I will be getting my tax return at the end of this week!!
I am thankful for...having Andy here for 2 weeks. We got to spend a lot of great family time together. He is now back to Iraq for the next 8 months :(
From the learning rooms...We're starting our studies on Ancient Greece (which I love!) We're studying Rocks and Minerals in science.
From the kitchen...Andy is gone and we're back to a much different eating schedule. No more pancakes and sausage every other morning for breakfast. It was plain old cereal this morning. Not exciting, but easy :)
I am wearing...sweats and flip-flops. I will eventually get dressed!
I am creating...a mess!
I am going...to the grocery store for milk and some fruit and veggies.
I am reading...Smithsonian magazine
I am hoping...that we can get all of our schoolwork done today.
I am hearing...the sounds of the children's feet on the floor upstairs and I am wondering what they are doing...
Around the house...making beds, cleaning up the office, putting the laundry away - nothing very exciting.
One of my favorite things...my brand new apron I just bought from etsy. It's so cute!!
A few plans for the rest of the week: dance classes, Girl Scouts, grocery shopping, schoolwork. I wish there was something exciting on the calendar, but there isn't! Maybe it's better that way. We could use some rest as I think a couple of us are starting to get sick.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...

From my deck this morning. We really have some beautiful sunrises and sunsets here :)
To join in or read more entries, go to:
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: