Friday, December 26, 2008

2009 Goals



Is it really almost 2009? A year flies by so quickly. Sometimes I look back and say - what did I actually accomplish? I didn't have many goals in 2008. Having another baby and preparing for my husband's deployment were about all that I could handle getting done. I have my sights set higher this year and I expect more of myself. Here are some of the many things that I would like to accomplish in 2009:

1. To finish this school year by the beginning of May.

2. To spend May and June COMPLETELY preparing for the next school year (having lesson plans entered into Homeschool Tracker, worksheets/coloring pgs printed and in a binder etc.) so that we can start in July. I know, schooling through the summer doesn't sound like a lot of fun, but when Andy comes home in Sept, we would like to have a bunch of time off together!!

3. I have a rubbermaid full of genealogy documents (census pgs, newspaper clippings etc.) that I have not yet entered into my program. I WILL get them entered in and filed into my filing cabinet this year. Then, I can continue with my research...

4. I will get back into shape!! I will get myself up early and get on that treadmill every single day. Even when I don't want to do it.

5. I will work hard to get some of our bills paid off. We are making extra money while Andy is deployed and I want to make sure that his hard-earned money is being spent wisely :) We will soon have our vehicle payed off!!

6. I will take some time to myself every once in a while!! And I will try desperately not to feel guilty getting a babysitter.

7. To get Lexie reading fluently so that she can do much more of her schoolwork independently.

8. To start preschool with Nick this summer.

11. To get things growing in the greenhouse. It has just worked out to where one spring we were moving in and the next I was having a baby. This year, I would like to take the time to grow some things in our greenhouse.

12. I am thinking about making myself a reading list so that I have a stack of books I can work my way through this year. I never seem to have quite enough time to read as much as I would like.

5 comments:

Manderly Ringor said...

Thanks for sharing your list! I share some of the same goals...I just made a reading list for the first time. :) Have a great weekend!

rural momma said...

My grandmother and my great aunt did our family geneology. It took them many years, and several visits to Utah (the Mormon church). This was all before the internet. :0) I can tell you that I am so blessed they took the time to do that!! It is so fun to look back and see who the family entails and where they came from.
Great goals, btw!! :0) I also added myself as a follower of your blog, that sounds kinda creepy, LOL. Any way, I'll be popping in again to say, "hi". :0)

KarenW said...

I don't read as much as I used to and I miss it! Hard to make the time sometimes.

Kristin said...

I too have some of those same goals. Seems like most of us homschoolers goals have to do with homeschooling. Funny how that works.

http://nutbugs.blogspot.com/2008/12/new-year-resolutions.html

tammy said...

You have a wonderful list!! I pray that you have an absolutely wonderful time when your hubby returns home. :)