Sunday, December 14, 2008

30 Reasons I love My Sister

Happy Birthday, Roses
Happy Birthday, Roses


Happy 30th Birthday Andrea!!

I wish I could be there to celebrate with you, but I'm in Alaska and you're in Montana.
The miles that separate us are great, but I'm there in spirit :)

In celebration of your birthday, here are 30 reasons why I love you:

1. You will be such a fantastic mom someday. You and Dan just got married this summer, so I'm not trying to hint that you rush anything (although you know that I desperately want to be an aunt!). When you do finally decide that you are ready to become parents, I know that you'll be the greatest! You have such a wonderful way with kids. You seem to become one of them and they know that you are a kindred spirit.

2. You have always been a great sister. Even when I was mean and told you that Mom and Dad found you under a rock - (or was it a cow patty?) and that they were kind enough to adopt you, you still followed me around and looked up to me. Why? I'm not quite sure. (I'm so sorry!)

3. You are so brilliantly artistic. Somehow, you got a double dose of the artsy fartsy genes. I honestly think that you stole my share! You have painted beautiful murals on my walls. You make glass beads by hand. You can sew your own ball gowns. Sometimes I'm jealous, but mostly I'm just proud to claim you as my sister :) P.S. If you do indeed have my share of artistic genes, could you please return them? Otherwise, when are you going to come and paint my house again? I have some very blank walls.

4. You are passionate about your job. I know that you don't get paid nearly enough for the amount of hours that you put in, but I can tell that you truly love what you do and I think that is more important. I know that you sincerely care about the students that come into your gym. Come on, who would want to learn Russian just to read articles to better educate yourself in your field?

5. You have never cared too much about what other people thought. Remember when you decided to shave part of you head? Wait, you did that more than once :) You have always been very comfortable just being yourself and I find that very refreshing.

6. You can't spell and you write like a boy. No, I'm not trying to tease you. You got the artistic genes and I must have gotten the spelling and handwriting genes. I have fond memories of proofreading your papers and fixing all of your spelling mistakes :)

7. You are a homebody. You would much rather be at home hanging out than out on the town.

8. You are so strong and athletic. You have always been so strong - even as a kid. I am quite the wimp compared to you....

9. You follow your dreams. You followed your dreams all the way to the Olympic Trials. I am so proud of you for sticking with it and training for all of those years! It took a lot of sacrifice and I know you were living off of practically nothing for a number of years.

10. You look cute in a kilt. I love to watch you compete in the Highland Games. You amaze me with your strength and skill. I would NEVER be able to do the caber toss!

11. You are always such a good sport. You are competitive, but not ruthless :) You are always cheering everyone else on and you're never a sore loser.

12. You've been such a good big sister to our brothers. I know that I joined the Air Force and moved away when you were still in High School and the boys were still in Elementary school. I have felt bad that I wasn't around to be a good big sister. You were there for them and I can see that you guys still have a special bond.

13. You are goofy.

14. You are beautiful.

15. You have always had such a vivid imagination. I can still recall teasing you for having imaginary friends (Cookanani and Charm). They annoyed me and I sat on them when they were on the swing set. I'm sorry for squashing your friends.

16. You are so "low-maintenance" and easy to please. Lucky Dan! I think that you and I can both fall into this category of not being extremely demanding and not requiring excessive amounts of pampering.

17. You are confident.

18. You are such a hard worker. You have always put your all into every job and task you have had in front of you. People want to work with you because they know that you will give it your all.

19. You are friendly. You could befriend anybody with your smile and your easygoing attitude :)

20. You are creative. You are anything but boring.

21. You were there for me on my wedding day.

22. You are a great aunt! Man, my kids love you - and miss you!!

23. You have always been so brave! I still remember the time you chased me around the yard with a chicken eyeball. (That was very cruel of you, I might add) You'd do well on "Fear Factor".

24. You make me laugh.

25. You can do anything you set your mind to. Whether it's welding or sewing, if you decide it's something you want to do, you learn how. I have always admired that about you.

26. You survived the 80s with me :) We made it through legwarmers, jelly shoes, and ratted hair and have lived to tell the tale.

27. You are a great coach. I know that all of your athletes look up to you for guidance and help. You are a great motivator. I need you to come and be my personal trainer...

28. You have triangle nostrils and I think that is so cool :) Ok, I promise that it's not because I couldn't think of 30 things. I think it's cool that you are unique :)

29. You are a great wife, I just know it!! I'm sure you can back me up on this one Dan :)

30. You have finally joined me in the 30s :)
Welcome - it's not so bad!!

2 comments:

Family G said...

Happy Birthday, Andrea! Dec 14th babies are the best! ;)

Andrea said...

Thank you so much Jen, that was the greatest gift you could have ever given me. I love you and miss you guys so much, Thanks again big sis,

Annie :)