Sunday, November 2, 2008

Homeschool Memoirs - 10 Timely Facts



Theme: Write 10 interesting, crazy, weird, fun facts about you! Include facts about you as a woman, a wife, a mommy, a homeschooler, a homekeeper, a taxi-driver, a cook, etc . I only put 10 facts because I didn’t want to overwhelm you, but you’re welcome to do more!

1. I hate matching socks. I break down and do it only when the kids are barefoot :)

2. I have had a baby in each house we have lived in. (Ok, so not literally IN the house, but in the hospital nearby). 5 babies, 5 houses. Andy is afraid to move again....

3. I am such a listmaker - and I hate it! I CAN'T help myself :) You would think that I would be a great grocery shopper, but 9 times out of 10, I will forget my list at home. Or in the car.

4. I used to play the saxophone in elementary/middle school. Ellie is thinking about giving it a try...

5. I have been married for 10 years and of that time, have spent 9 1/2 years either pregnant or nursing.

6. I love to travel, but I don't like to fly. I will if i have to, but I would rather not. I love the line from French Kiss where Meg Ryan says that she travels the way God intended - by car! I would much rather drive across the country than fly. Of course, I can't drive to Europe...

7. I always multitask. Andy hates that I don't sit and FOCUS on a movie I'm watching. I tend to fold laundry, grade papers, or do something else useful while relaxing. Which he insists isn't relaxing :)

8. I am not mechanically inclined. At all. My siblings must have gotten all of those genes. I will do something mechanical when forced, but definitely not by choice!

9. I have always loved reading and learning languages and have always hated math, chemistry and physics. I hope that I pass on my love of languages and reading to the kids, but I hope not to show them how much I dislike math.

10. I am a genealogy nerd. I love to look through old censuses and death certificates. I am happy in a library, courthouse, or cemetery and I would gladly take trips across the country to visit them. :)

Homeschool Memoirs!

No comments: