Monday, October 20, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook #2


For Today... October 20, 2008

Outside my Window... the same snow from last week. It is a cool 8 degrees outside!!

I am thinking...that I didn't get up early enough this morning. I am having a hard time now that the sun isn't rising until later. I don't like it to be dark when I get up :(

From the learning rooms...We're continuing our Ancient Egypt Studies (TOG Week 2). We are studying Mars in science.

I am thankful that... everyone is finally starting to get over this cold. Tori still has a runny nose, but I think she's feeling better.

From the kitchen... Nothing exciting today. Tuna fish sandwiches for lunch (with pickles and maybe apples in it - I like the crunch!). Dinner on Monday's is always tricky, because we're out and about. I will have to make something to take with us.

I am wearing...still in my PJs :)

I am reading... Nothing currently. I am hoping for a library trip tomorrow.

I am hoping...that the heating oil man doesn't come soon. I'm not ready to fork over $1200 for heat!!!

I am creating..."Thank You for Your Service" cards for the troops with the kids. (I am overseeing this, not actually making them!)

I am hearing...Nick playing with Thomas the Tank Engine in the play room and the girls watching the movie on deserts.

Around the house...I need to get some drapes (instead of the see-through airy curtains I have now). I am hoping that this will help keep the living room warmer.

One of my favorite things... Nutella!! Chocolate + Hazelnuts = Perfection :)

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...I'm hoping to go to a Holiday Bazaar this Friday. I love to buy handmade items for Christmas presents and am hoping I find some good stuff!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


Ellie went to a birthday party, which was held at the dance studio. The theme was "High School Musical" and the girls learned a dance to perform for the parents. Ellie was the ONLY girl there who had never actually seen the movie :)
To see other entries, check: The Simple Woman

No comments: