Thursday, October 30, 2008

Productive Day

We didn't get much schoolwork done today. The kids got their "basics" done: math, grammar, spelling, handwriting. That was about it.

Since we got paid today, I decided that we needed to get the grocery shopping done. I never go on the weekends, it's just too crowded. We can catch up on history and science on Saturday instead.

So, we went to Sam's Club, the Commissary, and Walmart.

Then I got home and cooked:
chili,
a beef pot roast w/veggies,
beef stroganoff,
vegetable-beef stew,
taco meat,
spaghetti sauce,
and a pork roast for BBQ pulled pork sandwiches.

I'm not kidding! That was a lot of cooking. I'm still waiting for the roast and stew to cool down so that I can throw them in the freezer. I also made a salad to last the next couple of days. It was a lot of work, but now I have ready-made dinners in the freezer :) Hooray!!

Oh, and I actually remembered to label and date the ziplocs this time. I don't know how many times I have pulled some unidentifiable ziploc out thinking it was spaghetti sauce only to find it was soup of some sort. I am getting more organized. I even cleaned out the freezer and made it look pretty :)

And now I am absolutely exhausted and I am debating whether I should stay up and do all of the dishes or just leave them for morning. I almost NEVER leave dishes in the sink overnight - that's not what I want to start my day out with. I'm pretty tired though.....

3 comments:

Christina said...

You are superwoman. I go through occasional bouts of organized shopping/cooking, but it never sticks. Suddenly we're back in the same old rotation of boring dinners. As for dishes, I hate to leave them too. I forgot recently and the next morning when I strolled into the kitchen to make coffee, I was instantly frustrated looking at them sitting there waiting for me. And they're so much HARDER to clean the next day!

Andrea said...

Wow Jen, you get more amazing every day. Keep that up and the week will be easier for you. Love you and miss you.

Family G said...

Wow, what a productive day! I love to have cooked dinners in the freezer. Sometimes I cook double the portion and freeze half of it. It's great to just have to pull it out and heat it up. Especially on days when I worked all day.