Thursday, October 23, 2008

Funny tidbits from today....

1. We made it to PWOC this morning, but it was another mad dash to the door - man do I need to set that alarm! Anyway, Ellie again helped get Nick and Lexie ready and in the car so I could get myself and Tori ready in time. When we got back home, I realized that Nick was wearing Lexie's socks and his pants were on backwards!! Lexie's shoes were on the wrong feet also :) I wonder if anyone noticed, because no one said anything to me. :)

2. Kate apparently thought that boats had wheels on them under the water. She was absolutely incredulous that we rode the ferry all the way up here - without wheels!! How did it not sink???

3. Nick cried when we parked in the Chapel parking lot this morning. He very clearly said "I don't want to go to PWOC, I want to go to Walmart!" This is the same thing he said the last time we went to church :) I'm not quite sure why he likes Walmart so much...

4. Nick had nothing but a shirt and diaper on this afternoon, because I had just changed him. He brought a silk scarf up to me and said "I want to be a girl. Give me a dress." I sure hope his dad doesn't read this post....

5. I started reading Tirzah as a read-aloud for the the kids before bed tonight. As I began to read, Kate stopped me and asked "Mom, could you start at the beginning?". I told her that it was the beginning and she said "But it didn't start with Once Upon a Time!" :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, wow you'd better pray Andy doesn't see this! I laughed out loud and my precious Nicks sweet words!