Monday, September 1, 2008

Dance Classes





The girls sure are happy to be dancing again. They really enjoy it.

I have fond memories of tap dance class as a kid. I vaguely remember doing the can-can to "Codfish Ball" with a big papier mache fish on my head. I wish I had a picture of that to show the kids!

Unfortunately, my dancing instruction stopped in early elementary school and that's about where my skill level has stayed. I don't dance - unless I've had something to drink. I don't think I've had anything to drink in the last 10 years, so I don't dance :)

There is a Middle Eastern Dance (aka Belly dancing) class for adults which is offered at the same time the kids are in class. I enjoy watching them (and listening to the jingling sounds they make as they dance), but I would never have the guts to do that!!

I remember my mom taking a belly dancing class (I think taught by my tap dance teacher). I'm proud of you mom for belly dancing after having 4 kids!! I wish I was as brave as you :)

For now at least, I will leave the dancing to the kids. Maybe I can talk Andy into some ballroom dancing classes when they are older and we can actually have some time to ourselves!!

No comments: