Monday, August 4, 2008

Movie Watching

I was delusional when I thought I was going to spend my late evenings getting caught up on my chick flicks and BBC historical dramas. Andy has been gone for 5 weeks and I have watched 2 movies - and even those had to be watched in 5-10 minute increments. Watching a movie is not quite as enjoyable when you have to get up to break up a fight, or get someone a cup of milk, or clean up a mess. It just takes something away from the movie-watching experience. I have concluded that if I want to sit and watch a movie in complete peace and quiet, it would have to happen at about 2-3 in the morning. I could probably do this, but then I would be useless in the morning which is not an option for me :(

I actually have 4 netflix dvds that have been sitting here the entire time Andy has been gone. Just waiting to be watched. Maybe he can watch them this week :)

The two movies that I did watch were pretty good. The first one was "Amazing Grace" and the other was "Penelope" which I watched with the kids.

Amazing Grace is about William Wilburforce, a British politician who fought for the abolition of slavery. It was actually a great movie. Of course, it has Ioan Gruffudd in it (of the Horatio Hornblower series) and I generally like anything that he's in.

Penelope was a modern-day fairy tale type movie. It is about a girl who was born cursed with a pig nose. To break the curse, she thinks she has to marry a blue-blood like herself, but she naturally falls in love with someone else. It of course has a happy ending :) It was cute as a family movie (rated PG). It' s always nice to find something we can watch together.

No comments: