Thursday, July 10, 2008

Busy Week

We have been SO busy this week. I have barely had time to sit at the computer. The kids are enjoying a week of Vacation Bible School at the church. The kids are learning about having Beach Be-Attitudes (Be Bold! Be Kind! etc. with a beach theme) They are having so much fun and are making friends! I have been out of the house every evening until 9, so I haven't had much time to get things done at night.

My vehicle's window decided that it wanted to quit working (it is protesting the fact that Andy is gone!). Anyway, it had to be fixed - especially since it is stuck in the "down" position and we have had rain this past week. On Tuesday, I packed up all of the kids and a big bag of snacks and we headed to the repair shop. Just in case anyone ever wondered, 5 little kids in a repair shop lobby for 4 1/2 hours is not any fun. Especially when there is a thunderstorm outside and you can't walk around. I have to admit that they were good for the first few hours - reading, listening to music, eating etc. When we hit the 3 hr mark though everyone (including me!) started getting cranky. I mean really, who wants to sit there for that long? Poor Nick was relegated to the stroller most of the time (when I could keep him in it). On top of that, I still had to take them to VBS in the evening and when I got home I had to work on their ILPs (Individual Learning Plans) for the school. I had an appointment yesterday to turn these in, so I ended up staying up until 3 a.m. writing them out. Tuesday was an exhausting day.

Today I am busy cleaning and cooking in preparation for the wives dinner I am having at my house tomorrow night. It is a chance for all of us to get together while our husbands are gone. I have a babysitter coming to watch the smaller kids in our playroom so that we can enjoy ourselves a little more. It should be fun - but I have a lot to do in the next day! Plus, I have to pack Ellie's bag for 8 days of camp (she leaves Saturday morning). I am hoping that I will finally get a good night's rest maybe Saturday night? I've got to catch up at some point in time :)

No comments: