Saturday, July 26, 2008

It's Bunco Night!!!

American Bunco Queen
American Bunco Queen



Yes, it's Bunco night - and I missed it :(

Bunco is my one night a month that I get out of the house and enjoy the company of other ladies - without ANY kids. We eat dinner and dessert. We play bunco and talk. It really is a nice break from life.

I have a babysitting dilemma though. Finding a responsible person to watch all 5 children one Friday per month is not an easy task. I thought that I had found a great babysitter - she is 16, a Christian, a homsechooler, and the oldest of 10 children. Sounds perfect, but she can't EVER babysit on a Friday night. EVER. Apparently she can't babysit from 6 pm on Friday to 6 pm on Saturday because of the Sabbath. I don't have any problem with that, except for the fact that the only time I need a babysitter is Friday nights!! So, I'm searching and hoping that I find someone in the next couple of months. It would be especially nice to continue going to Bunco during the deployment. It's a nice escape :)

On the other hand, I will be able to enjoy hourly care on post during the day for my other babysitting needs. They are also offering one Saturday a month as respite care (for FREE!!) I'll definitely be taking advantage of that. We also get 4 hours a week, per child for hourly care at the CDC (Free also - if you go above your 4 hours, you only pay $2 an hour). I'm thinking of putting Nick and Lexie in that once a week while I go grocery shopping or run other errands - or maybe do something special with the older 2 girls? We'll see.

No comments: