Thursday, May 1, 2008

Home School Curriculum Fair

I was able to *briefly* make it to a local home school curriculum fair earlier this week. I didn't get a chance to listen to the speakers since I didn't have a babysitter and I really didn't want to try to keep them all still and quiet for an hour at a time. I did however get a chance to go through the vendors' hall and look through different books and curriculum. It is so nice to be able to flip through the books to see if you like them before ordering.

I found a new French program for Ellie. She is going to continue with Rosetta Stone, but we will add a more traditional textbook so that she can get some better conversational skills. It is called "Breaking the French Barrier" : http://www.tobreak.com/ I also found some great French readers that come with CDs. I think she's really going to enjoy them :) http://www.emcp.com/product_catalog/index.php?GroupID=2115

Next year, I plan on getting a babysitter and enjoying the full two days of seminars and browsing :)

No comments: