Monday, April 28, 2008

Sleep Deprivation Has Set In

The Sleeping Spinner, 1853 by Gustave Courbet
The Sleeping Spinner, 1853


I have hit that point in pregnancy where I just can't seem to get to sleep. First of all, I'm a stomach sleeper - and I'm miserable trying to lie on my side comfortably. Then of course, I'm getting up every hour to go to the bathroom. I have heartburn every night starting at 10 p.m. - no matter what I eat. It's also starting to get very light outside in the evening now that we're getting closer to the summer solstice. I'm also nesting and I can't seem to get my mind to slow down - there are so many things that I just HAVE to get done before the baby is born :) On top of it all, one or two of the kids seem to be waking up in the middle of the night and having trouble getting back to sleep.

Add all of these things together and you get NO SLEEP!!! At least no restful sleep. I just keep reminding myself that it's God's way of preparing me for a newborn baby again. I just wish He'd prepare me with a month full of blissful sleep :)

No comments: